by Suki Kyme,
Welcome to my Website!
You are invited to browse through the collection of paintings in the Gallery. Here you will find examples of my work in mixed media including acrylic, gouache, oil, pen and ink, gesso, foil, filler and anything that comes to hand!
You are also welcome to visit my studio!
Just arrange your visit personally through my contact page.
- Barrow Society of Artists is currently holding its Annual Exhibition at the Dock Museum. The last day of this interesting and varied exhibition wil be Sunday 24th March. Dock Museum opening hours - 11.00 – 4.00 pm Wednesday – Sunday.
- The Lakes Collective of Artists and Designer Makers will be staging another Exhibition in 2013 at the Bishop Bulley Barn at Rydal Hall. This truly beautiful venue will host the group’s varied exhibits from 24th to 30th June. Further details will be on the Rydal Hall website throughout June.
- The C-Art Trail, will be taking place throughout Cumbria later this year, but I haven’t yet decided whether to take part. Green Door Art Trail will not be happening this year, as a decision has been taken recently by the membership to delay the Trail until the Spring of 2014 in order to avoid the overlap with C-Art, as happened last year. But whenever, it is always a lot of fun to meet and talk with fellow art enthusiasts.
- Ulverston Society of Artists will be staging their annual Spring Exhibition in the Coronation Hall, which will be open to the public on Thursday 4th April until Saturday 6th April, 9.30 am – 5.00 pm. There will be a Preview on Wednesday 3rd at 7.15 pm. Further Exhibitions will be held at the same venue later in the year – the Charter Exhibition in September and the Dickensian Weekend Show in December. More details later.
- Barrow Society of Artists will be showing their Autumn Exhibition in the Forum again this year. during October. Details later.
How I work
My approach to art is through playing with paint and experimenting with different techniques and materials. My paintings evolve using a variety of media around a wide range of subjects. Expression varies from figurative through to abstract. My inspiration is drawn predominantly from the natural world, especially trees and water, and from anything seen or felt in passing. My work is constantly changing as I find new and different ways to respond to all that goes on around and within me.