by Suki Kyme,
Welcome to my Website!
You are invited to browse through the collection of paintings in the Gallery. Here you will find examples of my work in mixed media including acrylic, gouache, oil, pen and ink, gesso, foil, filler and anything that comes to hand!
You are also welcome to visit my studio!
Just arrange your visit personally through my contact page.
- SOMETHING NEW! Rydal Hall has this year invited members of the Lakes Collective of Artists and Designer Makers to install outdoor creations as part of the Sculpture Trail for the whole of the month of June. See the website for further details. The Sculpture Trail is always worth walking round and for this month will be even more varied and interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed “thinking outside the frame” for a change and had a lot of fun preparing five small pieces for display!
- The Lakes Collective of Artists and Designer Makers will be staging another Exhibition on 24th – 30th June 2013 at the Bishop Bulley Barn at Rydal Hall. Further details are on the Rydal Hall website throughout June. This truly beautiful venue hosts the group’s annual showcase of varied exhibits, and this year I’ll be contributing nine of my most recent paintings.
- The C-Art Trail will be taking place throughout Cumbria later this year, but I have decided not to take part. It will give me an opportunity do the Trail from the other side of the fence!
- Green Door Art Trail will not be happening this year, as a decision has been taken recently by the membership to delay the Trail until the Spring of 2014 in order to avoid the overlap with C-Art, as happened last year.
- Ulverston Society of Artists staged their annual Spring Exhibition in the Coronation Hall, during April. Further Exhibitions will be held at the same venue later in the year – the Charter Exhibition in September and the Dickensian Weekend Show in December. More details later.
- Barrow Society of Artists held its Annual Exhibition at the Dock Museum in March. It was an interesting and varied exhibition and was well attended. The Society will be showing their Autumn Exhibition in the Forum again this year, during October. Details later.
HOW I WORK
My approach to art is through playing with paint and experimenting with different techniques and materials. My paintings evolve using a variety of media around a wide range of subjects. Expression varies from figurative through to abstract. My inspiration is drawn predominantly from the natural world, especially trees and water, and from anything seen or felt in passing. My work is constantly changing as I find new and different ways to respond to all that goes on around and within me.